
Been living in Vegas for half a year now *phew, wow* and people always ask me how I like it…..What can I really say? I moved from a beautiful paradise that only most people can dream about visiting (Hawaii) to the city of sin --- Yeah, I know --- WHAT WAS I THINKING? lol
My answer to all those questions was: I NEEDED A CHANGE!!!
For someone that was born and raised in Honolulu, I can tell you that I could never have imagine myself living away from “The Rock.” Thought I was going to live and die in Hawaii, honestly.
Don't get me wrong; "living" in Hawaii is far from "Hell"...but, there's the thing: I wasn’t "living"…I was doing the “same old, work on the weekdays just to party on the weekends” kinda life.
And as a person that fights tooth and nail against change, I did the ultimate in it and decided to move an ocean away…..away from the only life I’ve ever known…for something more.Moving hasn’t been easy. It still isn't easy. But, like anything, each-day-gets-BETTER!
I miss home a lot. Prolly because I miss what made it a home - my friends, the food, the beach!
But, I’m trying my b e s t to make this house a home.
Living with family makes it easy. Granted, I was living on my own for so long that it took some getting used to the whole “where you going/what time you coming home” deals again…But, for the most part, it’s amazing to watch my nephew grow - kids really DO learn so much every single day! Or pick my niece up from school - she’s embarrassed to hug me bye in the mornings - am I really that uncool now? Or even just to hang out and talk with my mom - she’s getting older so, it’s nice to have this time…
More than anything, having the 2 besties here makes this journey all the more better! I’m glad I have them here to experience this life with me =)
e v e r y t h i n g around us becomes BETTER, too."
No comments:
Post a Comment